Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saint Cyril Cocktail

I have been playing around with almond milk lately for my forthcoming book on nuts. Things like nogs, gin fizzes, anything that needs a milky touch. This one I think is the best, at least for this season. Take one shot frozen vodka, one shot almond milk, a half shot of mastic liqueur (it is very sweet) and just a drop each of rose water and St. Germain. Amaretto would probably be better, honestly. Shake with ice and strain into a glass. You simply must make your own almond milk - just raw peeled almonds pounded or processed with very hot water, left over night and strained and squeezed out through a cloth. It is absolutely delicious. The drink is named for Saint Cyril, Greek apostle to the Slavs.  

2 comments:

Deana Sidney said...

Hmm, mastic liqueur? That's a new one for me. I love the stuff (using it in something this week) and think your drink sounds like heaven! Must give it a try. I can imagine an ice cream or sorbet with all these things being terribly good.

SilvanaMondo said...

yummy sounding concoction! will give almond pounding another shot.