Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hipster Chia Noodle Blackberry Cocktail

Are we ready yet to think about hipster cocktails with noodles? I think so. I first put this in a small pickle jar, but those are so 2013. The noodles themselves are made of black chia seeds, ground in a spice grinder, rolled out and cut. They're in a juice of blackberries cooked in a little water, strained, chilled and with rum added. I came an inch from putting on a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top, in which case it could have been a deconstructed smoothie. But I think alcohol works better. If I only had a sprig of mint!

Honestly, the possibilities of noodles in cocktails are endless. I'm going to embark on extensive research right this moment!

4 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

We beat you to it, Ken! Please read up on Cendol (CHEN-dole). The Wikipedia entry is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cendol

Ken Albala said...

Ah, wonderful!! I have to learn hoe to do this. Thanks Kaz. But it doesn't have alcohol in it, does it!?

Kaz Augustin said...

Unfortunately not...says the lush. :) But the milk and use of jaggery suggests rum.

Anonymous said...

yeezy shoes
hermes bag outlet
off white jordan
yeezy
curry shoes