Thursday, September 14, 2017

Pulled Cuttlefish Ink Noodle

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone making a pulled noodle with cuttlefish ink, but it worked nicely. Bread flour, one egg, two small packets of cuttlefish ink and water to make a stiff dough. Kneaded half an hour or so, rolled out, oiled and cut into thick strips, rested for 5 hours. Then pulled and as you can see stuck to the counter top on the ends so they didn't spring back. Normally I throw them right in the water, but I wanted to dry these. I think they're stunning.

So how to cook them? I think in a roasting pan, they're about 6 feet long! Then maybe serve in dashi stock with mentaiko. We'll see.

9 comments:

Christian Farthing Bodywell said...

I have a gut feeling that I'm gonna make a mess when I try this!

Rez said...

THAT LOOKS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Suzan Baker said...

Cooking this is definitely going to be quite a challenge.
meet and greet at Gatwick
compare Gatwick parking

Hana said...

Very informative and useful post. Thanks for sharing!
online store design

Open DLL files said...

Open DLL files

Judy A. Walters said...



Thanks for sharing your precious time to create this post, it's so informative, and the content makes the post more interesting. really appreciated. drip supreme jacket

Leyla Doyle said...

wow! your content is very helpful for us such a nicer article provide I really impressed this stuff Oujeer - Women Vest

chrispine said...

"From the Hidden Rain to the streets – Akatsuki's influence knows no bounds. Naruto Akatsuki Puffer Jacket

Jonathan wick said...

Great blog post! Breast pump I found the content really informative and engaging.